I’m Saurabh Tiwari founder of All Digital trends. It’s my first guest post on tonmoy SEO Tips Asia. I hope you guys will enjoy the post.
If you are a marketer and going to promote your business online, but you don’t have a blog then you are going to miss out golden opportunity to position yourself as an expert and promote your product and services.
Blogs may have started out as online into marketing powerhouses that can produce sales, build customer authority and increase engagement for your online business.
Another important benefit of having a blog is that you can build a community and connect with website visitors through comments and social sharing. It is the first step to changing your readers into customers. By having a large body of content, increases website’s visibility, making it easy for people to find you. As we know search engines also love fresh and valuable content so regular updates will help you rank better as well.
Now Come to the point why WordPress for blogging
WordPress has advanced to a regular blogging site, to an unlimited amount of possibilities. WordPress can be used as a normal website, a blog, an E-Commerce website, and a lot more. If you’re comparing WordPress with something, I would choose WordPress most of the time.
WordPress is more flexible in terms of blogging. You have the ability to add different themes which make your site look better, or you can optimize it so you can show ads in certain places. There’s also another option, plugins. You can use plugins to see detailed statistics of your traffic, errors, and many more. There are also some plugins that do work for you, and help you when it comes to SEO.
The Advantages of Using WordPress
WordPress is widely considered as the most effective blogging CMS around, a name that’s well-deserved.
The Important thing to know regarding WordPress is that there are 2 versions – a free one at WordPress.com and a paid one at WordPress.org.
I love WordPress and always advise clients to go for a self-hosted WordPress blog instead of the free version even if they’re new blogging.
I explain why below but for the purposes of this post i need to convey you a clear and unbiased summary therefore you’ll create the correct alternative. Ultimately, it comes down to your blogging goals.
Reason to Choose WordPress.com
- Content Management System- WordPress is powerful CMS, which brings convenient options to you. You have direct control over the content you publish, which eliminates the hassles or wait time of a web developer.
- Easy to Use & free Hosting – just like as blogger WordPress quick and easy to set up. Signup free account and be blogging within minute. WordPress.com is self-hosted and managed by own so no need to worry about paying for hosting because it’s included. You can get a domain name in this format “yourdomain.wordpress.com”. By spending some money you can easily get your own custom domain name. It’s worth doing this if you choose WordPress.com because it makes things much easier if you want to self-host your blog in future.
- Plugins & Theme – WordPress is blessed by a great feature you can say also its backbone of WordPress. By use of plugins you can customize your website as you want. Theme decide navigation and look of your blog in WordPress you have full FTP access by which you can modify looks and feel of website.
- Easy Social Media Integration – social media is another great way in which business can gain exposure. In combination with a professional websites, you can gain more traffic, lead as well as new customers too.
- Content Scheduling in Advance- If you have several work and places to written a content and yet you don’t want to publish all at once. WordPress allows you to upload post as much you can then create a schedule date for each post.
- SEO Friendly – traffic and more traffic is the most important concern of every blogger will look for. WordPress include a variety of Meta tags that search engines crawler use to decide how to index your pages. As a result, your WordPress blog will more freely appear high in ranking and readers visiting at your blog through a search engine results page will know what to believe.
- Easy blog Integration – WordPress, since it starts out with blogger in mind, provide some of the best tools for blogs, which can be incorporated directly into your business website. Having a blog on your website is crucial because its help to generate traffic, as well as let you show the human and personal side of business.
- Mobile Readiness- No need to develop 2 website for your mobile user. WordPress recognize automatically if person viewing the site through a mobile or browser and configures the content to be viewed properly on either.
In short, WordPress is blog software of choice because it is easy and flexible to use and it help to boost search ability on Google too. 100% control over my blog or website, by which we can self-host its own!
Did I forget any benefits of WordPress blog sites over traditional sites? Let me know and please give to this important post.
So which blogging platform you are using and why? Which WordPress service attract you to choose WordPress? Please let me know in the comments below.